How to Configure Inbound Tier Restrictions for a Ping Tree
This article explains how to set up inbound tiers on a ping tree. For this explanation, we are assuming that you want to set up two tiers named T1 and T2.
Step 1: Create Tier Field
Create a field of type string enumeration called "Tier" and allow the enumeration to have the values: T1, T2, and ALL.
Step 2: Add Field to Form
Add the Tier field to the form assocaited with the ping tree that you want to set tiers up on:
- set the HTTP Parameter Name to "tier"
- set the restrictions field to "Strict"
- Check "Set a Default Value"
- Set the default value to "ALL"
Step 3: Create Filters
Create a filter called "Tier 1" Set these values:
- Filter Type: Attachable
- Pass If: All Rules Pass (AND)
- Field: Tier
- Selected Values: ALL, T1
repeat for "Tier 2"
Step 4: Add Filters to Ping Tree
On the "PingTree Order" tab:
- Click on Tier 1
- attach the filter "Tier 1"
- Click Save
- repeat for Tier 2
- Click the "Update" button to save the changes to the ping tree.